Arun Kumar, Ph.D.
Arun Kumar, Ph.D. has over 40 years of experience in metallurgical and materials failure analysis of aircraft, helicopter, automobile and motorcycle components, machinery, medical implants, machine tools, household appliances, plumbing pipes and fixtures, and in fire/wildfire investigations. He has published several technical papers in the area of failure analysis and co-authored chapters in metallurgical handbooks. He is a senior or life member of several technical and professional societies. Dr. Kumar has taught courses in Metallurgical Failure Analysis at several institutes and for the ASM International.
Dr. Kumar has extensive experience in working as an expert witness and metallurgical consultant in complex litigation matters in product liability involving metallurgical and materials failures. Over the past 40 years, he has been deposed over 400 times, as an expert for both plaintiffs and defendants. He is based in our Los Angeles location, formerly known as SEAL Laboratories.
Contact Arun Kumar, Ph.D.
250 North Nash Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 Phone: 310-322-2011, Cell: 310-621-4271, Fax: 310-322-2243, email@example.com
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Failure analysis of metallic and non-metallic (glass, polymer, plastic, ceramic, composites, rubber) materials and electronic components
- Fractography and fracture analysis
- Physical metallurgy
- High and low temperature oxidation and corrosion of metals and alloys; corrosion protection
- Heat treatment of metals and alloys
- Coating evaluation and development
- Evaluation of welding, brazing, and soldering techniques
- Scanning electron microscopy; electron microprobe analysis; surface analysis techniques; x-ray diffraction
- Cost-effective material selection, product development, and manufacturing process improvement
- Assistance as an expert witness, product liability and patent infringement trials.
- Ph.D. Engineering (Metallurgy and Metal Processing, Minors: Science of Materials and Corrosion): UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, 1974.
- M.S. Engineering (Metallurgy and Metal Processing): UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, 1971.
- B.E. Metallurgical Engineering: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)- (Hon’s.), Roorkee, India, 1969.
- B.Sc. Physics, Chemistry, and Math: University of Lucknow, India, 1965.