Coatings & Adhesives
EAG Laboratories has the expertise to bring your new coatings and adhesives to market. We serve as an extension of your R&D department for both formulation support and physical evaluations. From idea generation to innovative formulation development, EAG’s coatings chemists help companies develop new products from concept to commercialization.
For over 50 years we have resolved performance and manufacturing problems with coatings and adhesives. You can be sure your product has the properties critical for success and meets regulated performance and safety standards.
How do you evaluate new raw materials in an innovative coating? Turn to EAG. WE KNOW HOW.
HOW WE CAN HELP
We analyze and test paints, inks, powder coatings, aerosols, specialty coatings, architectural coatings, construction chemicals and more. From simple to complex formulations, our scientists have analyzed such adhesive materials as laminates, pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA), hot melt and sealants.
- Deformulation of coatings: reverse engineering of a paint and adhesives for a competitive analysis or product improvement
- Physical testing of coatings and adhesives: for performance, durability, weathering and appearance. Evaluation of application properties of a coating product for brushing, rolling, dripping, sagging and opacity. Selected standard test methods, ASTM, ISO, MIL and other standards
- Paint and coatings formulation support: Idea generation, product feasibility, formulation development, performance testing and scale-up for manufacturing
- Failure analysis: Determination of the failure mechanism, for example on a wood coating
- VOC testing: testing coatings for volatile organic compounds, VOCs per EPA Method 24
- Application troubleshooting: including testing for incomplete cures, incorrect mixing, incorrect surface preparation, difficult substrates
- Litigation support: Analysis and testing for facing issues of coatings or adhesives failures in product liability cases