Crop Method Development and Method Validation
EAG Laboratories offer the agro-chemical, pharmaceutical and chemical industries unparalleled expertise in analytical crop method development, validation and application of a broad range of methodologies. The know-how established within our laboratories in analytical chemistry is globally applicable to a large variety of matrices including technical and analytical grade substances, soil, water (drinking, ground, surface), human exposure monitoring, crops, animal/human matrices (urine, feces, blood, tissue) and more. These matrices can be tested for an immense number of analytes and contaminants including industrial chemicals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, persistent organic pollutants (POPs), consumer use products, heavy metals; along with the metabolites/degradates formed. Additionally, EAG scientists have the know-how to develop and validate methods that help identify, characterize, and quantify genetically-modified protein of interest.
Our laboratories accommodate stringent and extended requirements from a range of regulatory agencies (EPA, EU/OECD, SANCO, REACH, TSCA etc.). Services include:
- Analytical crop method development, adaptation, validation, refinement and transfer
- Method development and validation in support of characterization and determination of genetically-modified organisms in crops
- Method development and validation to determine the allergenicity profile of a crop protein of interest
- Development of chiral enantio-selective methods for batch/formulation and for residue analysis
- Development, analysis and support of radiolabeled substances (14C and 3H) for chemical and radiochemical purity and for the analysis of metabolites/degradates in environmental fate, plant and animal metabolism, human mass balance, and degradation studies
- Radiochemical validation and extraction efficiency, demonstrating equivalency of different extraction procedures, including hydrolysis and enzymatic deconjugation
- Analytical support in environmental toxicity non-target plant, insect, animal or avian studies, requiring analysis of residues in many matrices (e.g., water, soil, sediments, etc.), insects (including honey bees), earthworms, mammals, fish, birds, and vegetation (herbs, flower heads, grass, seeds, pollen, guttation sap, etc.)
If necessary methods can be tailored in order to address analytical challenges to specific complex matrices (e.g., plant tissue). With service lines in environmental fate and metabolism, environmental toxicology, plant science and residue chemistry, our experienced staff can provide the know how to meet your development and validation needs.