For over 30 years, EAG has dedicated instrumentation, research, and development efforts to the data storage industry, helping customers maintain quality and troubleshoot difficult problems. Our scientists and engineers help manufacturers to pursue state-of-the-art R &D, enabling them to produce high reliability data storage products, including magnetic disks and disk drive components, optical disks, flash memory devices, and other advanced data storage media and new media types.
Our vast array of materials testing services, analytical techniques and electronic testing services enable the data storage industry to evaluate materials, manage their supply chain, develop new products and investigate failures in a timely and cost-effective manner, to meet the needs of the needs of the industry.
Leveraging a large, in-house installed base of tools, EAG scientists and engineers support companies across the data storage sector in various stages of new product development and sustaining production. With domain expertise in electrical test, reliability, and failure analysis, we offer full system evaluations as well as component/IC-level analysis, including test and debug services.
How do we identify contaminants on disks? Turn to EAG. WE KNOW HOW.
HOW WE HELP
Application examples of our data storage testing capabilities
- Magnetic media failure analysis
- High precision ICP-OES for sputter target composition verification
- Lubricant thickness testing
- Lubricant replenishment
- Lubricant and additive identification
- Overcoat characterization
- Magnetic layer identification and thickness testing
- Drive teardown and inspection
- Failure analysis
- Outgassing analysis
- Organic contaminant analysis
- Disk quality program
- Operating drive contamination monitoring
- Contamination analysis and materials characterization and electrical FA for flash memory devices