When it comes to characterizing the high-performance materials and electronics used in combat and defense, EAG offers more specialized imaging and analytical expertise than any commercial contract laboratory in the world. Our scientists and engineers are experts at translating complex design and manufacturing questions into design and test solutions.
EAG scientists have supported the defense industry innovation for over 50 years. We understand that stringent requirements for military electronics and materials can differ from commercial applications, ranging from operating temperatures to the full lifecycle of components. Our scientists and engineers have contributed to the development of some innovative armor, missiles and munitions.
EAG also has a broad set of expertise and equipment to test, qualify, and analyze electronics. We are approved by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) to perform testing according to MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883 and our certifications also include ISO 9001:2008, ISO 17025, DSCC. Our US facilities are ITAR registered for defense related articles and services.
How do you design for the world’s least-hospitable environments, and at the same time ensure safety, speed and precision? Turn to EAG. WE KNOW HOW.
HOW WE CAN HELP
EAG offers a comprehensive suite of services to evaluate high-performance materials and electronics, meeting the industry’s exacting standards for tight controls of material properties, composition and chemistry. Here are just a few ways we can help:
- Multi-instrument materials characterization and failure analysis: a vast array of materials testing services and analytical techniques to evaluate suitability, resistance and performance of materials—from R&D activities to problem-solving and QC evaluations.. By combining spectroscopy, imaging, physical characterization and other techniques, EAG scientists provide deep insight into advanced materials including metal matrix, ceramic matrix composite, coatings, composites and porous materials
- Component and IC testing, analysis and engineering: Leveraging a large, in-house install base of tools, EAG scientists and engineers support have deep domain expertise in electrical test, reliability, and failure analysis, we offer full system evaluations as well as component/IC-level analysis, including test and debug services.
- Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA Testing): Our facilities are DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) certified for various MIL-STD testing requirements. Testing capabilities include fine leak, gross leak, die shear, bond strength, P.I.N.D. Testing, Radiography, SEM inspection, Microsectioning
- Residual Gas Analysis (RGA): MIL-STD-883, Method 1018 defines procedures for RGA equipment calibration and device testing, as well as the maximum acceptable limits for water vapor content. Used for more than moisture content analysis, EAG can detect all masses up to 140 AMU, allowing common gasses to be identified and quantified. Samples of process atmospheres and unusual sealing environments can be analyzed to detect the evolution or resorption of gasses. The system software can determine moisture content as well as an entire spectrum of gasses in the component.
- Environmental Testing: Analytical method and bioassay development, and the full array of ecotoxicology, chemical residue and metabolism studies needed to evaluate environmental impact and safety of chemicals used in deterrents and defense