EAG scientists work with food manufacturers, processors and distributors when questions of food quality issues can potentially lead to shut-downs, customer complaints or legal disputes. Our food investigations have played key roles in crisis management, saving companies time and money in critical situations.
EAG scientists design investigations to confront difficult and unusual problems for food processors, packagers, manufacturers and distributors. When unforeseen quality issues occur, our scientists are available 24/7 to solve complex, non-routine problems using a customized approach. We welcome rush projects for emergency food contamination issues.
How do we know if the alleged contamination in our product was caused by a packaging leachable? Turn to EAG. WE KNOW HOW.
HOW WE CAN HELP
EAG has helped hundreds of food and beverage manufacturers with challenging testing issues.
- Hazard analysis: for situations involving alleged harmful or toxic chemical contaminants, we partner with established scientists in the field of toxicology to perform hazard analysis, resulting in a full toxicity risk assessment report
- Foreign object identification: physical contaminant analysis of an unknown material
- Chemical contamination: either from packaging or environmental storage conditions
- Malodors, off-taste, off-color investigations: investigations into food and beverage non-routine quality issues
- Food packaging testing: testing packaging for failures such as pinhole formation, adhesive failures or delamination
- Extractables & leachables: identifying causes of product contamination from migration or leaching from packaging systems