Law & Litigation
When a business’s brand and reputation could be at stake in litigation, clients turn to EAG for dependable scientific answers. Since 1959, our scientific expertise, testing and testimony have supported legal strategies for intellectual property, product liability and insurance cases.
Our scientists offer expertise in technology, life sciences, electronics, industrial and consumer products, having tested a broad array of materials for legal challenges. We understand the unique needs of legal projects – speed, effective communication, reliability and confidentiality.
How do you find solid science to prove your point? Turn to EAG. WE KNOW HOW.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our full range of analytical techniques, combined with a commitment to communication and customer service makes EAG the right choice for scientific expert witness and testing support.
- Materials experts in characterization, metallurgy and chemical analysis: Our scientists design investigations, applying surface analysis, microscopy, analytical chemistry and custom synthesis for clients facing patent disputes, product liability cases or insurance claims.
- Microelectronics testing and engineering: We test and analyze electrical systems, subsystems and semiconductor devices and components, including electrical failure analysis, electrical characterization, circuit extraction, reverse engineering and construction analysis.
- Life sciences: EAG scientists support legal challenges facing pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device and other companies involved in innovative and generic medicines.
- Environmental: We offer support to law firms and regulatory consultants working with the EPA and global regulators to evaluate environmental impact and safety of their clients’ products.
- Patent infringement litigation support: Our scientists design experiments to understand unique physical and chemical properties, including synthetic and manufacturing processes, in order to support intellectual property challenges.
- Product liability legal support: We design analytical investigations to determine the root cause of product failures, defects and contamination. We can also help design proactive testing programs to prevent potential failures and minimize risk.
- Case evaluations and data review: Our technical experts can assist with claims evaluations when scientific expertise is needed. We also offer critical review of opposing data, interpretation of technical results and conclusions.
- Expert witness services: EAG’s experts are experienced in the courtroom providing depositions and trial testimony.