The next generation of lighter and stronger aerospace materials presents challenges of controlling purity and reliability. Using advanced analytical tools and proven methodologies, EAG Laboratories can support aerospace companies from R&D to failure analysis.
How do you drive precision and speed, and at the same time ensure safety and durability? Turn to EAG. WE KNOW HOW.
HOW WE CAN HELP
EAG is a certified partner (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 17025, DSCC, ITAR compliant, MIL standards compliant) and offers a comprehensive suite of services to innovate new high-performance materials, test the reliability of aerospace electronic systems and investigate structural and metallurgical failures of aircraft.
- Purity certification and QA/QC monitoring: Production support for QC/QA of critical trace and ultra-trace levels of elemental impurities in ingots and manufactured parts, and in the raw metal powders that go into nickel base superalloys, titanium alloys, cobalt alloys, and other alloys.
- Coatings analysis: Years of experience providing depth-specific distribution measurements and full chemical survey characterizations of engineering coatings, including contaminant identification.
- Ceramic matrix composites testing (CMCs): Full structural characterization of CMC materials, including chemical composition, impurities, microstructure, and interface chemistry of reinforcement fibers (SiC, SiCN and carbon fibers.) High temperature outgassing assessments further assures material integrity.
- Long-term QC/QA monitoring: for trace and ultra-trace level concentrations in raw materials (sulfur, phosphorus) with great consistency and sensitivity
- IC and electronic system turnkey test services: EAG’s Engineering Sciences team provides a full range of services and turnkey lab ecosystem to support ATE (IC) and System level testing, component and module reliability and failure analysis. This includes selection of tester platform, hardware and fixture design, ATE test program development, and production testing
- Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) DPA testing is performed on materials used in aerospace, commercial, military, and government applications. As DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) certified for various MIL-STD testing requirements, EAG’s DPA capabilities include Fine Leak, Gross Leak, Die Shear, Bond Strength, P.I.N.D. Testing, Radiography, SEM inspection, Microsectioning, and DLA Certified RGA Testing.
- Residual Gas Analysis (RGA) As experts in RGA, EAG not only provides internal gas and water vapor content in microelectronic components, but also troubleshoots “problem” internal gasses and provides corrective actions. We support MIL-STD-883, Method 1018 and MIL-STD-750, Method 1018.
- Metallurgical failure analysis: Our engineers have been involved in many failure analysis investigations, including fractures, fatigue, slow crack growth mechanisms, brittle and ductile overload, stress corrosion and hydrogen embrittlement, corrosion/oxidation, contamination, wear, heat treatment, stress-related failures and plating problems.
- Litigation support services: We offer aerospace materials testing services for legal challenges related to aircraft and helicopter components. We have examined structural and metallurgical failures in many aircraft accidents for insurance adjusters, insurance companies, airlines and other entities.
Our scientists and engineers are experts at translating scientific questions into novel study designs and test systems, and have applied advanced analytical methodologies to answer complex engineering and manufacturing questions. We have solved complex failures of components such as aircraft fuselage, landing gears, gears and bearings, high pressure hydraulic hoses and fuel lines, turbine engines (compressor & hot section components), turbine and compressor blades, propellers, hydraulic system/fuel lines, LVDT and temperature sensors and more.
Contact us today for your aerospace materials testing and electronics testing needs: 800-366-3867 or complete our Ask An Expert form.